Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stocking Stuffer

I had an appointment at the hospital this morning, part of the test requires me to fast for 14 hours. I don't do good fasting not to mention getting three shots, I don't feel very good right now. After my appointment I went home and slept about an hour and then decided to relax and go fishing at Meadows Creek Pond.
Chronomids were not working well so I switched to a fuzzy leech and started getting tons of strikes. I hope it was because I wasn't feeling well but I couldn't set the hook to save my life. I ended up landing a total of 14 rainbow trout, not too shabby for a sick boy in three hours of fishing.
I got to see one really cool thing though. As I was landing one trout I could hear people yelling, "Did you bring any big ones?" and a bunch of other things. I looked over and a white square truck was pulling up to the pond. It was the stocking truck full of feisty new rainbow trout! They opened up the pipes; you should have seen the trout falling into that lake. Some of the trout must have knew they were going out the tunnel and gathered some speed because they flew up and out of the water stream and gracefully nose dived into the lake. It was quite a sight to see.
Before I left to go to the lake I picked up my video camera but set it back down because I didn't think I would need it. Note to self: Don't forget the video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment