Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Mastering the Basics

I found an article posted by David Archer on 3 May 2007 at http://www.fishingtips101.com/2007/05/mastering_the_basics_of_stillwater_fly_fishing.html The article is about the differences between stillwater and stream flies and is very enlightening.
The article starts out by talking about the water's PH, the anatomy of the lake, cover, targeted waters, etc. All pretty neat info and interesting but I am interested in fishing not being a biologist.
In the next couple of days I am going to tie:
Chironomid midge
Denny's Seal Bugger
Denny's Stillwater Nymph
Denny's All Purpose (AP) Emerger, and finally
Gold-Ribbed Hare's Ear
Zug Bug
Sparkle Shrimp
Pearl Shrimp.

There is also a community pond near my house called Jensen's Nature
Pond. The pond is routinely stocked with rainbows, I can practice my
casting and retrieval techniques there.

No comments:

Post a Comment