Thursday, September 09, 2010

A couple of flies tied

This evening I was able to tie 7 flies in about 2 1/2 hours. Keep in mind that I was watching TV while I was doing this. I usually tied when the TV got boring. At any rate, I am not a production tier.
I tied 3 zub bugs in sizes 10, 14, and 16. I used #70 black thread, peacock swords for the tails and peacock herl for the body. I wrapped the bodies in silver tinsel. I used brown hackle for the legs and a single trimmed duck chest feather for the wing case. They all had 3/32" brass beads for the heads and weight.
I also tied 4 Chironomid midges in sizes 12 x 2, 14, and 16. One of the size 12 midges was tied with silver tinsel instead of wire, I want to see if that makes a difference to the fish. I used #70 black thread, for the tail I used olive marabou feathers, bronze tinsel for the body and silver wire for the ribbing. I used brass beads for the heads, white yarn for the gills, and just a touch of peacock herl behind the bead for stability.
I plan on fishing them very slowing from the bottom with a hand twist retrieve.
Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment