Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some fishing on the eve of Christmas Eve

My wife and I had planned on spending the day together but her friend called and asked her to go to a movie and John called wanting to go fishing.

As my wife was leaving John showed up and we went to Holmes Creek Reservoir.  I got about three strike and John landed one trout.  It took us almost a 1/2 an hour to get to an area where there wasn’t any ice.  After that we drove over to Syracuse Pond.  I decided to use my purple Leechasaurus pattern and I landed a nice brook trout that was about 18 inches.  The brookie rose to strike indicator as soon as it hit the water.  I saw he was still there and stripped the leech in so he could see it and he struck it.  My first brook trout on the fly, and not only a fly that I tied but one I invented also.

IMAG0012

John was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday so we called it quits and went home so he could rest.  I noticed that the trout were still rising to orange strike indicators on the surface of the lake.  When I tie on a dry fly they won’t strike at it.  I got some orange thread and feathers and I tied an orange royal coachman, I hope that works.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment