Saturday, October 23, 2010

21 trout at Meadows Creek Pond

It was raining pretty heavy in Roy this afternoon when I got off work. I know that when it was raining in Arkansas the fish were biting. For the first hour I only got two strikes and didn't land any. I walked around the lake and found a couple of ladys that caught three. At the time I had changed from a chironomid to a wooly leech but I didn't get a single strike off the leech. I changed to a royal wulff with a chironomid dropper. The dropper was only about a foot and a half from the wulff. At first I couldn't set the hook but I got into it and started landing them. I think I probably set the hook on about 30% of the strikes I get. When I don't use a strike indicator it goes down to about 5%.
At any rate chironomids work great around the northern Utah in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment